Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Coconut Cake for my sissy

So, my sissy's birthday was November 25th.  We could not be together! She didn't get a birthday cake, so I am taking advantage of the fact that she is not home tonight and making it for her as a surprise. 

As you can see, I start with a regular white cake mix.  In place of the water the directions call for, I use coconut water! It just adds a tiny extra boost of coconut flavor.  I have it all mixed up and it is in the oven.  When the cake comes out of the oven I flip them out of the cake pans (wait about 10 minutes and then they flip out real good, just like a crazy teenager! LOL).

After they have rested for a little bit, I poke the bottom layer full of holes with a fork.  Then I open the can of Cream of Coconut and pour it over the cake.  Add frosting and some coconut and then add the second layer.  This cake gets poked too! More Cream of Coconut! Then frosting then a butt-ton of Baker's Sweet Coconut is put ALL over the cake!

She loves coconut cake and has never had one of mine! I hope she likes it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment