Saturday, January 7, 2012

Another thrift store score!

The girls and I went to the thrift store today.  I am still looking for a shelf to store my records on!  I did not find that BUT I did find another cookbook! This one is called "A Treasury of Great Recipes" by Mary and Vincent Price (published by Ampersand Press, Inc. copyright 1965)
It is a very interesting collection of recipes with many color photos taken abroad and at their home.  The recipes are divided up into countries.  Most of them seem to "high brow" and complicated but there is an interesting one I am going to try called "Boccone Dolce" translated as sweet mouthful.  It is a meringue layer cake.  It does not look to over complicated.  When I make it I will make sure to take lots of pictures!

Also sprinkled throughout the books are the occasional picture of Vincent Price.
Look how young he is there! I think he is just so handsome! I love his voice too!  Anyway, it is a rather interesting book.  I would have NEVER guessed that he did a cookbook! Very "avante garde" for his time, if you ask me!

I was a naughty girl tonight and did not make dinner.  Even worse, I got the teenagers frozen pizza then the sexy hubs and I went out to dinner.  We tried a new Thai restaurant that is just around the corner from where we live.  It was quiet yummy.  We were the only customers for a while but soon others trickled in.  My sweetie had the pad thai and I had sizzling Bangkok beef.  It was good. 

When I get to cooking again I will let you know! I have to cook up the beef stroganoff tomorrow  and the asparagus! Pictures and updates more tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment