Friday, December 30, 2011

The Holiday Menu

December 31st! New Year's Eve....I do not have an overly exciting menu composed but it is the one that my sweet husband has requested.  Tomorrow we are having Oven Fried Chicken, mash-a-taters, fried okra and maybe cornbread.

I have to confess, I have NEVER worked with fresh okra before.  Not even now.  I went to Bottom Dollar and got frozen, breaded okra made by Pictsweet.  It will do, of course, and my hubby will like it.  But I wonder, what would it take to make it from scratch? Is fresh okra really slimy like everyone says? And how about all that yummy breading? What should that be made out of?  Is it more trouble that it's worth? Should I stay rather "semi-homemade" and do it the way I have, pre-made? HMMM....I don't think okra is in season right now so I doubt I will find any fresh in the store.  <sigh> I guess for now, it will be the semi way!

I will be back later to finish setting up my blog...just wanted to get the first post out of the way.  I am off to run my baby boy to his friend's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment