Sunday, November 3, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

I thought I had put this recipe on here but I looked and I had not. I cannot take the credit for this. A wonderful site called Momzone is where I first discovered this recipe.  The website seems to have closed now so I cannot link to it to give proper credit but I will share this wonderful recipe with you now.

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

1 - 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1- stick or equal to 1/2 cup of butter (MUST be real butter, margarine will not work)
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3/4 cup of powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Graham crackers

Directions:
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Place onto plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate at least 1 more hour. Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers.

Side note:  I do not use the pecans.  I just don't. I know too many people with nut allergies so I leave them out.  The above recipe is for one "ball".  It won't last.  I never make enough for "one".  I always double in not triple the recipe.  The cheeseball is better if you make it the night before.  Under no circumstances should you ever leave out the brown sugar.  It will not taste right.


Enjoy!! I hope it becomes a part of your family tradition as it has become a part of mine!!






2 comments:

  1. I love this...like a million and one (super-unhealthy) times over! Have you ever tried tweaking it with fat-free cream cheese or the light butter? And as someone who is supposed to avoid the nuts (but doesn't always! Yummy....pecan pie!), thank you for leaving them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, no. LOL....I never make it unless I am going to share so I never usually get more than a few bites anyway! Self control is never the issue as it disappears very fast! If you try to "thin" it out, let me know how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete