Sunday, April 21, 2013

Basics

It was a get back to the basics kind of dinner tonight.  Nothing heavy, hard or fancy. I have been sick a lot this week so I needed something that did not require a lot of standing in the kitchen.  The ticket seemed to be  my husband's favorite:  meatloaf.

My meatloaf was bare.  The only thing that I included this time was the following:

(1) pound of ground chuck (poor chuck)
(1) large yellow onion, chopped
(4) cloves of garlic, minced
(1) sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed
(1) good shake of Soul Seasoning
(1) egg

All the above mixed well and put into a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.

While the meatloaf baked, I peeled potatoes and put some corn on.  Yep, it was a basic dinner.  My family really likes their meat and mashed potatoes.  The best part is that we got to sit at our table and all have dinner together. It doesn't happen as often as it should now that everyone is getting older but I am trying as hard as I can to hold onto it as long as I can.

Now, I am sitting in my kitchen making Italian wedding cookies and playing on my laptop.  I hate that I have to "sit" to do it but I am not back up to strength yet.  But soon - I will be adventurous again and trying something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment