Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lack of Inspiration!

Okay, I admit it.  I am lacking inspiration right now. It may be from being so tired.  I do have a lot going on.  My sweet husband had out-paitent surgery this week on his shoulder.  My middle child has been sick.  I am getting over an infection.  I just have not felt like being adventurous and trying new recipes.

Tonight was one of those nights where I knew I needed to make dinner but was totally clueless on what to do. I did not feel like running to the store.  I peeled potatoes and cut them and put them into a pot to boil.  While they were boiling, I put a pound of ground chuck (poor chuck) with a chopped onion and a couple of teaspoons of chopped garlic into a pan to fry up.  When the potatoes were done, I drained them and put them back in the pot with a stick of real butter and some milk and mashed them.

I flipped the oven on to 350 degrees.  I took a can of Campbells Cream of Mushroom soup and mixed it with a soup can of milk.  I poured that in the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan.  I added the hamburger/onion mixture and stirred it together.  I added some frozen corn and peas and stirred again.  I put the mashed potatoes all over the top and threw it in the oven.  While this baked, I fried some okra.

This is what we had for dinner.  Not exactly totally healthy but not too bad either.  What in the world has happened to my inner Italian Grandma?  I had no inspiration to make a sauce, a meatball or anything.  Maybe I will be better after I get some rest this weekend?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment