Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Casserole - My mom's recipe!

This is a very, very versatile recipe that my mom taught me how to make.

(1) package wide egg noodles, cooked according to package
(1) family size can of Cream of Chicken Soup
(1) 12 ounce can of evaporated milk
cooked, chopped chicken
(1) package of American Cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Place one layer of American cheese in the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan
In a separate bowl mix the can of soup with the can of milk and stir well.  Mix in the chicken with the soup.
After the noodles are done, pour into the pan on top of the layer of cheese.  Pour the soup mixture on top of the noodles and carefully distribute around.  Put another layer of American cheese all over the top, leaving no exposed noodles. 
Put in oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is all melty and the casserole is heated through.

Variations:  When I am broke, I use a can of tuna (in water, drained).  Frozen broccoli (thawed and cooked) is good mixed in as well as peas.

My mom made this for my birthday every year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment